Chocolate Tray Bake Cake.
While making up the Childrens Lunchboxes this morning I realised that I hadn’t enough Flapjack to last for the rest of the week, I think they’d missed their Lunchbox treats throughout the summer Holidays. Also our eldest received his letter from College Yesterday telling him he’s got in & starts Tomorrow, which is Fab, but means another lunchbox to make up. So I decided on something Chocolatey.
Here’s the Ingredients you’ll need for the Cake
250g Unsalted Butter
250g Golden Caster Sugar
220g Golden Syrup
30g Treacle (Molasses)
325g Plain Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
100g Milk Chocolate
12″ x 9″ Baking Tin, lined with Parchment paper
The Oven gets preheated to 160C/325F/Gas 3
1. Melt the Butter, Sugar, Syrup & Treacle in a pan over a low heat, then place to one side to cool.
2. Sift the Flour & Cocoa Powder into a large bowl.
3. Combine the Sugar/Syrup mix with the Flour mix and stir well, then beat in the Eggs.
4. Measure the Milk into a jug & warm in the Microwave for a Minute, then stir in the Bicarbonate of Soda. Pour into your Chocolate Mixture and stir gently until thoroughly blended.
5. Roughly chop the Milk Chocolate into pieces, add to your mix, then pour into your lined Tin. Bake in the oven for about 1 Hour.
6. Leave to cool in the Tin, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into 24 even Squares.
Since my Children are a little strange & not all of them like icing, I’m only going to Ice a few squares, but I’m sure the icing mix I’ve made up would’ve iced them all.
Here’s the Ingredients I used
120g Soft Cheese
120g Icing Sugar
50g Milk Chocolate
50g Dark Chocolate
1. Mix the Soft Cheese with the Icing Sugar & place back in the fridge to stay chilled.
2. Melt the Milk Chocolate & leave to chill slightly (but stir so it doesn’t set)
3. Add the two together then Ice your Chocolate Squares. Place them in the fridge while you melt the Dark Chocolate. Then you can do your last drizzle of Dark Chocolate over the top.
Hope they last a little longer than the Flapjack did!